The day's top news and pictures from London's courts

News and Photo Gallery RSS


To obtain full report of 3/600 words (view sample report) email us now

April 04, 2014

AHMED: KNIFEMAN'S DEATH YELL

CRICKLEWOOD A knifeman who cried ‘Die!’ as he stabbed a rival in the heart was jailed for nine years today (Fri). Parvez Ahmed, 22, plunged a ten-inch blade into the back of Akhbar Hussain as he walked home on October 13 last year. Mr Hussain was lucky to escape with his life because a passer-by happened to be a doctor, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard. He suffered a heart attack midway through surgery on a damaged left ventricle, spent 12 days in intensive care and contracted pneumonia while in hospital but has since made a full recovery.

 
April 04, 2014

DUDHEE: BACK TO WORK FOR NURSE WHO 'BOOTED' PATIENT

BARNES A nurse who 'booted about' a patient who asked for a glass of milk was can continue working, a tribunal ruled today (fri). Vijay Dudhee told residents to 'f**k off' when they asked to use the telephone and while they waited for night medication, the Nursing and Midwifery Council found. The medic was based at Riverside Lodge at Barnes Hospital in Barnes, southwest London, at the time of the incidents, between June 2006 and January 2010. The rehabilitation unit provides care for adults that require support with mental health problems.

 



 
April 04, 2014

SANDLAND: FATHER WHO CLAIMS DEATH OF HIS BABY GIRL WAS CAUSED BY HIM HAVING AN EPILEPTIC FIT DENIES MURDER

HASTINGS A father who claims the death of his baby girl was caused by him having an epileptic fit has today (fri) denied murder. Mark Sandland, 28, who has an acute form of the neurological condition epilepsy, said he was suffering from a seizure when she was fatally injured. He entered a not guilty plea to the charge of murder at the Old Bailey. Sandland appeared in the dock via videolink from Belmarsh prison heavily tattooed and wearing grey trousers and a red t-shirt.

 
April 04, 2014

WILLIAMS: ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND SPARED JAIL

HAGGERSTON A controlling boyfriend who beat his girlfriend and pulled out clumps of her hair has escaped jail. Jory Williams, 24, had been in a relationship with pharmacist Kerry Webber for five months before he attacked when he suspected her of insulting him to his relatives at a party. When the pair got back to Williams’ flat on Boxing Day 2012 he punched her repeatedly as she begged him to stop. Her face was so severely bruised that Ms Webber refused to go out with her friends on New Year’s Eve because she didn't want to explain her injuries, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.

 
April 04, 2014

HANNA: NI SECURITY BOSS 'OUTSTANDING CITIZEN'

BUCKINGHAM News International's head of security is an ‘outstanding citizen’ of impeccable character, the hacking trial heard today (FRI). Mark Hanna, 50, was hailed as ‘extremely honest’ and ‘trustworthy’ as his defence team mustered a host of character witnesses. Army veteran Simon Bowskill, told the Old Bailey that Hanna’s integrity was ‘unquestionable’. Hanna is accused of hiding Charlie Brooks' bags, a jiffy bag of porn DVDs, and an old Sony Vaio laptop from police.

 
April 04, 2014
cnl_max_clifford_web_copy10.jpg

CLIFFORD: PAGE 3 GIRL HAILS CLIFFORD AS 'HONOURABLE MAN'

HERSHAM, SURREY One of Britain's most famous Page 3 girls told a court today (Fri) that Max Clifford was an 'honorable' man. Jilly Johnson, who was the first model to appear topless in the Daily Mirror, sought professional advice from the PR guru in the 70s, when she was 17, jurors heard. Ms Johnson who was a former member of girl group 'Blonde on Blonde,' appeared as a defence witness during Clifford's sex trial at Southwark Crown Court. She said the celebrity publicist was 'very much a gentleman' and insisted he had never behaved in an untoward manner with her.

 
April 04, 2014

BEGG: GUANTANAMO BAY DETAINEE IN COURT

BIRMIGHAM Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Moazzam Begg appeared at the Old Bailey today (Fri) accused of helping terrorists in the Syrian civil war. Bearded supporters packed the public gallery as Begg, 45, appeared via videolink from Belmarsh prison in south east London. After he spoke only to confirm his name the proceedings were interrupted by problems with the videolink to the prison and the hearing was adjourned. Judge Mr Justice Sweeney adjourned the bail application to May 2 as a provisional date.

 
April 04, 2014

KOJO-SMITH: TEENAGER CONVICTED OF WESTFIELD MURDER

STRATFORD A teenage thug who stabbed to death a rival at London's biggest shopping centre in a rampage sparked by the throwing of a yoghurt pot is facing a life sentence today (FRI). Nii-Azu Kojo-Smith, 19, pulled out a knife and stabbed Liam Woodards during the mass brawl at Westfield Stratford City. The violence was the culmination of a bitter turf war between rival gangs over control of the shopping mall, just yards from the Olympic Park. Terrified shoppers at the newly-opened centre ran in panic when a gang stand-off spilled over into violence, in June 2012.

 
April 04, 2014
cnl_j_beattie_copy1.jpg

WILLIAMS: CHILDREN TO BECOME YOUNGEST MURDER WITNESSES

WALWORTH, SOUTH LONDON Two children aged four and five will become the youngest ever to give evidence in a British murder trial at the Old Bailey today (FRI). The boy and girl allegedly witnessed 24 year-old Julie Beattie being set on fire by her partner Ashley WIlliams, 49. Jurors are to be played their taped police interviews before barristers for prosecution and defence ask questions. Although a four year-old girl has given evidence before at the Old Bailey it was during a rape trial. Williams, a father-of-twelve, is said to have hit Ms Beattie over the head before dousing her in petrol and setting her on fire on 19 July last year.

 
April 04, 2014

HAJII: ACCUSED GUNMAN DENIES ALLEYWAY MURDERS

MILTON KEYNES A Dutchman accused of gunning down two teenagers in an alleyway three years ago has denied murder today (fri). Brahim Hajji, 26, is accused of killing 19-year-old Mohammed Abdi Farah and 18-year-old Amin Ahmed Ismail, who were shot dead in the Fishermead estate in Milton Keynes on May 26, 2011. He appeared in court alongside 19-year-old Ahmed Ahmed who is also accused of the double killing. The pair appeared at the Old Bailey via a videolink from prison.

 
April 04, 2014
buykuntitled.png

MOHAMED: FIND THE BURQA FUGITIVE!

ACTON A terror suspect who escaped surveillance officers by disguising himself in a burqa will not be tried in his absence. Mohammed Ahmed Mohamed, 27, escaped anti-terrorism officers by fleeing from a London mosque hidden under the women's veil in November last year. He was the subject of control orders over claims he received training and fought overseas for al-Shabaab, the Somalia-based cell of Al-Qaeda behind the attack on a mall in Nairobi, Kenya, that killed at least 67 shoppers. Mohamed was due to stand trial on April 28 but prosecutor Karen Jones applied for trial not to take place without the defendant present. Judge Mr Justice Sweeney said: 'Having decided there is a reason not to proceed in absence the fixture will be broken.'


To obtain full report of 3/600 words (view sample report) email us now


Website and contents copyright ©Central News 2010
Design by Pedalo Limited