The day's top news and pictures from London's courts

Online archive

We have archived for easy reference hundreds of reports which we have featured on the site over past weeks and months.

For ease you can locate these by entering any of the following:

Individual`s Name
ie enter the name of the individual you are interested in, who might have featured in one of our reports.

Place
the town or city where you think the individual might have lived

Court
select the court where you think the action involving the individual may have been heard

 

Additional Archive Material

In addition to the archive material mentioned above, Central News holds offline further archived court reports. If you wish to search these, please contact us by email on sales@courtnewsuk.co.uk giving the name of the individual you are interested in. Please note, however, we are able to supply archive material only to recognised newspapers and broadcasters.


Search results


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   [ Next ]

September 12, 2014

cnl_s_moyes_web.jpg

MOYES: AWARD-WINNING REPORTER FACES CORRUPTION TRIAL

NEW MALDEN; SWANSCOMBE, KENT An award-winning tabloid reporter accused of paying a prison guard for a string of leaks from inside Belmarsh Prison will stand trial next year, the Old Bailey heard today (Fri). Stephen Moyes, 40, is accused of corrupting Robert Norman, 53, to gain inside access to one of Britain's most notorious high-security prisons. He paid Norman for more than 30 stories while working for the Daily Mirror and then the News of the World, between April 30, 2006 and May 1, 2011, it is said. Both men appeared in the dock this morning to deny three charges against them.
  September 09, 2014

cnl_n_salvadore.jpg

SALVADORE:GREAT GRANDMOTHER BEHEADING SUSPECT REMANDED

EDMONTON, NORTH LONDON A would-be cage fighter accused of beheading a great-grandmother in her back garden was remanded in custody today (Tues). Nicholas Salvadore, 25, allegedly murdered 82-year-old Palmira Silva during a 38-minute rampage in Edmonton, north London. A Muslim convert, Salvadore is accused of hacking the cafe owner's head off before assaulting one of the first police officers to the scene. Prosecutor Jonathan Rees QC said Mrs Silva, who moved to the UK from Italy six decades ago, collapsed and died just inside the back door of her house in Nightingale Road.
 
September 05, 2014

BOX-TURNBULL: MIRROR REPORTER CORRUPTION TRIAL DELAYED

MORDEN; ELTHAM The trial of a former Daily Mirror reporter accused of bribing public officials in exchange for information has been adjourned until April next year. Greig Box-Turnbull, 38, who has now left the Trinity Mirror title, faces charges he paid prison officer Grant Pizzey, 47, for information on inmates. Pizzey was a guard at the high security Belmarsh Prison, home to some of Britain's most notorious inmates, and is said to have leaked 40 pieces of information to the reporter. Pizzey's partner Desra Reilly, 51, acted as a conduit for £20,000 of payments made between December 1, 2005 and December 12, 2009, it is said.
  August 22, 2014

COLBORNE: SUSPECTED NEO-NAZI PLOTTED CYANIDE ATTACK AGAINST 'NON-ARYANS' IN THE UK

SOUTHAMPTON A suspected neo-Nazi accused of plotting a cyanide attack against 'non-Aryans' in the UK appeared at the Old Bailey today (FRI) Student Mark Colborne, 36, was arrested after police raided his home in Southampton on 3 June, it is claimed. Last month he was charged with engaging in conduct in the preparation of terrorism acts contrary to section 5(1) of the Terrorism Act 2006. He is alleged to have possessed chemicals to produce cyanide and other lethal poisons and explosives.
 
August 21, 2014

AWEYS: JAIL FOR DAGENHAM'S FORGERY KING

DAGENHAM, ESSEX; WOOLWICH, SOUTHEAST LONDON A master forger who produced fake passports, driving licences and credit cards has been jailed for six years. Samir Aweys, 27, was caught with printers, computers, software and large quantities of card plastic, ink and metal plate at a 'factory' in Dagenham, Essex. Police raided the property just months after finding similar specialised equipment at an address in Woolwich, southeast London, belonging to Aweys' lover Figen Sahin, 27. Aweys claimed that he was just storing the items for others who paid for his rent at Academy Central, Long Bridge Road, Dagenham.
  July 31, 2014

ABDUL BENHAMMEDI: CAUGHT WITH SNIPER MANUALS

CENTRAL LONDON A British-Libyan man allegedly caught with sniper manuals when he landed in Machester Airport appeared in court today (Thurs) Abdul Rahman Benhammedi, 20, appeared via videolink from Belmarsh prison and spoke only to confirm his identity during the brief hearing at the Old Bailey. Benhammedi, of no fixed address, is charged with possession of an article for a purpose connected with terrorism. He will enter his plea on 7 November and is expected to face trial by jury on 1 December this year.
 
July 31, 2014

SCOT HUNT:'LEG IN THE LAKE' ACCUSED IN COURT

DAGENHAM/ROMFORD Three men accused of murdering a 39-year-old man and dumping his body in a lake appeared at the Old Bailey today (Thurs). The severed leg of victim Neill Buchel was discovered in a nature reserve in Essex by a member of the public. The rest of Mr Buchel's body was recovered from White Hart lakes in Dagenham more than a fortnight after he had been reported missing by his worried family. Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, Scott Hunt, 41, and Chas Quye, 36, have been charged with the murder of the South African.
  July 31, 2014

KHAWAJA: TERRORIST ON MURDER CHARGE

WATFORD/SOUTHALL A suspected jihadist accused of attending a Syrian terrorist training camp will face an additional charge of soliciting murder, the Old Bailey heard today (Thurs). Imran Khawaja, 26, allegedly received firearms training at the base run by associates of ISIS. The bodybuilder from Watford, Herts, was reported to have been killed by the terrorist group Rayat al-Tawheed in June this year. Days later Khawaja and cousin Tahir Bhatti, 44, were arrested by specialist counter-terrorism officers.
 
July 25, 2014

BURGESS: FORMER SOLDIER GETS 28 YEARS FOR GUN MURDER

KIDBROOKE A former soldier was jailed for 28 years today (thurs) after gunning down a salesman who was caught in the middle of a gang feud. Daniel Burgess, 33, shot Marcus Innocent, 35, in the stomach after he was dragged into a car park by the gang from Kidbrooke, in south east London. Mr Innocent was in the 'wrong place at the wrong time' when he met the 20-strong posse who had gone to avenge the vandalism of a friend's car. He was set upon by the mob as he tried to walk away and left bleeding to death in the street.
  July 18, 2014

BEGG: FORMER GUANTANAMO PRISONER DENIES ATTENDING SYRIAN TERROR TRAINING CAMP

BIRMINGHAM Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Moazzam Begg today (FRI) denied attending a terrorist training camp in Syria. Begg, 45, is accused of helping rebel fighters in the war-torn country between October 2012 and February this year. He appeared at the Old Bailey by video link from Belmarsh Prison to plead not guilty to seven charges ahead of his trial in October. Begg denied attending a terrorist training camp in Syria 'knowing or believing instruction or training was provided there for the purposes of terrorism' between 9 October 2012 and 9 April 20913.
 
July 04, 2014

cnl_a_coulson_web_copy14.jpg

COULSON: 18 MONTHS FOR ARCH PHONE HACKER

CENTRAL LONDON Shamed News of the World editor Andy Coulson has been jailed for 18 months for leading 'utterly corrupted' journalists in a relentless campaign of phone hacking. The former spin doctor to David Cameron orchestrated an industrial scale operation to intrude into the private lives of the rich and famous. Coulson, 46, was at the heart of the disgraced Sunday tabloid's 'dark arts', ordering his reporters to hack cabinet members, Royals, film stars, and victims of crime. Some of his biggest scoops were fuelled by phone hacking, as up to 5,500 people fell victim to the News of the World's illegal pursuit of stories. Coulson was exposed during his trial as a bullying editor of an aggressive newsroom, where exclusives were demanded at all costs and reporters failing to produce were told to 'jump off a cliff'.
  July 01, 2014

MCKOY: CHRISTMAS TRIAL FOR ACCUSED CHILD KILLER

HACKNEY A father accused of stabbing his long-term partner and toddler daughter to death has been ordered to stand trial in December. Roland McKoy, 53, allegedly murdered 45-year-old Valerie Forde and Real-Jahzarah McKoy, who was nearly two, at the family home in Hackney, east London. Police broke down the front door of the address in Oswald's Mead at 9.11am on 31 March this year after calls from neighbours and relatives. Ms Forde, an office manager for the Hackney Marsh Partnership, had suffered multiple injuries and her daughter had suffered knife wounds to the neck.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   [ Next ]


Website and contents copyright ©Central News 2010
Design by Pedalo Limited