The day's top news and pictures from London's courts

Online archive

We have archived for easy reference hundreds of reports which we have featured on the site over past weeks and months.

For ease you can locate these by entering any of the following:

Individual`s Name
ie enter the name of the individual you are interested in, who might have featured in one of our reports.

Place
the town or city where you think the individual might have lived

Court
select the court where you think the action involving the individual may have been heard

 

Additional Archive Material

In addition to the archive material mentioned above, Central News holds offline further archived court reports. If you wish to search these, please contact us by email on sales@courtnewsuk.co.uk giving the name of the individual you are interested in. Please note, however, we are able to supply archive material only to recognised newspapers and broadcasters.


Search results


[ Previous ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   [ Next ]

February 02, 2015

SARDAR:TERROR SUSPECT DENIES MURDERING AMERICAN SOLDIER

WEMBLEY, NORTHWEST LONDON A terror suspect denied the murder of an American soldier in Iraq in 2007 at the Old Bailey today (Mon). Anis Abid Sardar, 38, is charged with killing Sgt 1st Class Randy Johnson, 34, who died when a makeshift bomb detonated near his vehicle in Baghdad. Sardar is also accused of plotting to murder British and American forces in Iraq with roadside bombs between January and November 2007. He was arrested by anti-terror police after they raided his home in northwest London in September last year.
  January 30, 2015

NARINKEVICIUS: WOMAN 'GANG RAPED BY THREE MEN' AT HOTEL

NORTH WOOLWICH A Lithuanian woman was gang raped by three of her countrymen who acted like 'animals' after taking her to a hotel, the Old Bailey heard. Edgaras Narinkevicius, 32, is standing trial for raping the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, in January 2006. The alleged attack happened at the McCreadie Hotel, in Romford, east London after she agreed to get into their car. The case was closed in 2008, but reopened last year after DNA evidence linked Narinkevicius to the crime, the court heard.
 
January 30, 2015

STEELE: TEEN CLAIMS BUILDER STABBING WAS SELF DEFENCE

LEE; WOOLWICH A teenager who stabbed a builder to death in the street told jurors: 'I was trying to put him down before he put me down.' Kai Steele, who was 17 at the time, claimed he acted in self defence after 26 year-old Alex Scott swung at him with a knife. He admitted stabbing Mr Scott in the chest twice in the space of two seconds with a six-inch kitchen knife. Mr Scott, who worked for Balfour Beatty, collapsed and died at the scene in Lee, southeast London, on 10 August last year.
  January 30, 2015

HASSANE: TERROR SUSPECTS IN COURT OVER DRIVE-BY ASSASSINATION PLOT

PADDINGTON; NOTTING HILL; NORTH KENSINGTON; ST JOHN'S WOOD Four terror suspects accused of plotting to assassinate British soldiers and police on the streets of London in a moped drive-by shooting appeared in court today (fri). The gang allegedly used Google Street View to research the layout of Shepherd's Bush police station and White City Territorial Army Barracks. They are also said to have sourced a Baikal handgun with a silencer and ammunition and a moped scooter. Instagram photos of two Metropolitan Police officers and two Police Community Support Officers were found on their phones, it is claimed.
 
January 26, 2015

cnl_a_scott_copy1.jpg

STEELE:BUILDER MURDERED IN NEEDLESS ROW OUTSIDE OFF LICENCE

LEE, WOOLWICH, SOUTHEAST LONDON A builder was stabbed to death by two 17 year-old boys after a needless row outside an off licence, a court heard today (MON). Alex Scott, a 26 year-old labourer for Balfour Beatty, was enjoying a drink with friends when he was confronted by Kai Steele and Dillon Beckford, it is claimed. 'Words were needlessly exchanged,' prosecutor Simon Denison QC told the Old Bailey. 'It turned into an argument. The argument turned into a fight.'
  January 06, 2015

MURPHY: DEFENDANT GROPED HIS OWN SOCIAL WORKER IN THE DOCK

VAUXHALL, SOUTHWARK, SOUTHWEST LONDON A man appeared before magistrates today (Tue) charged with groping his social worker in court. Desmond Murphy, 53, is accused of touching the woman's knee in a minicab before slapping her buttocks at Inner London Crown Court. The incident happened on 16 September last year when Murphy attended court over an alleged breach of an antisocial behaviour order (ASBO). His alleged victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was accompanying Murphy as his care worker.
 
December 19, 2014

GRAY: FORMER RAF REGIMENT SOLDIER ACCUSED OF TERRORISM

MOSS SIDE A Muslim convert who served in the RAF Regiment a decade ago appeared at the Old Bailey today (fri) charged with terror offences. Stephen Gray, 31, who also uses then name Mustafa, and Abdalraouf Abdullah, 21, are both accused of funding and preparing acts of terror. Abdullah is accused of arranging to provide guns to four men, including Gray, and facilitating the travel of extremists to Syria. He is also accused of providing £2,000 to associate Mohammed Abdullah for terrorist purposes.
  December 19, 2014

CHOUDHURY:TEEN PLANNED TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE IS FANATICS

CARDIFF A teenager who allegedly planned to fight in Syria alongside IS fanatics was remanded in custody today (FRI). Syed Choudhury, 19, is said to have discussed his wish to travel to the war-torn nation online, researching how to get there and who to go with. The Cardiff teen is also alleged to have invited others to support the savage Islamic State in its earlier itineration, ISIS. Choudhury appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link, charged with engaging in conduct in preparation of terrorists acts and inviting support of a proscribed organisation.
 
December 11, 2014

KHAN: FIVE YEARS FOR WOMAN WHO TOLD FACEBOOK FRIENDS TO BECOME TERRORISTS

LUTON A radical Muslim mother-of-six who dressed her young son as a Mujahideen fighter and urged her Facebook friends to become suicide bombers was jailed for more than five years. Runa Khan, 35, was determined to radicalise her own children and friends into fundamentalist Jihadism in a campaign of hate on the internet and at home. She posted a picture of an explosive vest on the social media site with the message: 'Sisters, if you love your sons, husbands and brothers, prove it by sending them to fight for Allah.'
  December 11, 2014

COWAN: 'THIS MYSTERY MAN MADE ME DO IT. CAN I GO HOME NOW?'

WOOLWICH A shop assistant who stole £16,000 from House of Fraser in just four days has walked free after blaming 'this charming man.' Emily Cowan, 26, was apparently lured into using cloned cards to scam the company out of thousands of pounds by the charismatic and mysterious male 'acquaintance.' She used at least four fraudulent cards to pay for the department store gift vouchers worth as much as £500 each in July this year. Cowan, who worked at a branch of fashion chain Aldo in the store, was later caught with a £300 card stashed in her locker. She pleaded guilty to one charge of fraud and appeared today (thurs) to be sentenced in blue jeans and a fur-trimmed hooded coat at Southwark Crown Court
 
December 10, 2014

charlie_wright.jpg

IBRAHIM: THIRD MAN IN COURT ACCUSED OF SHOOTING TEENAGE STUDENT DEAD IN BOTCHED ROBBERY

BROCKLEY, WOOLWICH, GREENWICH, SOUTHEAST LONDON A third man has appeared in court today (weds) accused of shooting a teenage student dead in a botched robbery four years ago. Charlie Wright, 17, was gunned down at a flat in Greenwich, south London, on 23 April 2010. Police were called to reports of gunfire at a flat in Park Mews, Calvert Road, at around 2.05am. Charlie, a carpentry student from Eltham, was discovered with a fatal gunshot wound to his face and was pronounced dead at the scene.
  December 05, 2014

cnl_y_sarwar_syria.jpg

SARWAR: BRAVE MUM REPORTED JIHADI SON IN SYRIA

BIRMINGHAM A judge today (FRI) praised the ‘extraordinarily brave’ mother who reported her extremist son to the police after he travelled to Syria to wage jihad with a childhood friend. Yusuf Zubair Sarwar, 22, fled to the war-torn nation in May 2013 with friend Mohammed Nahin Ahmed, a 22-year-old former postal worker, Woolwich Crown Court heard. The radical Muslims planned to attach themselves to Kataib al Muhajireen, while Sarwar had told his family Al-Qaeda ‘are not bad’ and he had quit the UK ’to do jihad’. The pair returned to the UK in January of this year, after their families put pressure on them to come home, and were arrested at Heathrow Airport.

[ Previous ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   [ Next ]


Website and contents copyright ©Central News 2010
Design by Pedalo Limited